The much improved Google TV user interface has started rolling out to Sony TVs across the UK. The brand new interface replaces the old Android TV and brings with it a more modern design as well as a new discover tab which brings together suggested content from across your streaming services (apart from Netflix) in to one easy to navigate screen.
The discover tab will likely be a great source for finding your next favourite Movie or TV that you otherwise may have missed bouncing from app to app. The new Google TV update is fast and responsive on my AG9 OLED so far and it feels much better than the Android TV that it replaced which was definitely showing its age.
You can see the full list of Sony TVs set to get the new updated home screen below.
- 2020 Sony’s Android TVs: XH80, XH81, XH85, XH90, XH91, XH92, XH95, A8, A9 and ZH8 Series
- 2019 Sony’s Android TVs: XG80, XG81, XG83, XG85, XG87, XG90, XG95, AG8, AG9 and ZG9 Series
- 2018 Sony’s Android TVs: XF75, XF80, XF83, XF85, XF87, XF90, AF8, AF9 and ZF9 Series
- 2017 Sony’s Android TVs: XE80, XE83, XE85, XE90, XE93, XE94 and A1 Series
- 2016 Sony’s Android TVs: XD70, XD75, XD80, SD80, XD83 and ZD9 Series
If your model is on the list above, you don’t have to do anything as there’s no firmware update required, just patiently wait for it to land on your screen. In the meantime, you can see the new Google TV in action via the video below.